Sunday 18 July 2010

pink-slaw, geodes and turbans

my mum and dad have been staying with us for the weekend, so we thought we would treat them to our new favourite recipie, pink-slaw, made with beetroot and turnip (from our garden) and red cabbage (from the supermarket!), and just a little bit of mayonnaise...




mmmmmm, pink-slaw and roast chicken!

my pop pays good attention and brought me a lovely little geode from the shop at the ulster museum...


and my maw, in her creative genius, brought a turban from a performance of a mini-play she wrote, which i nabbed as i think it looks rather fetching in a little edie type way.  


no, i don't think it makes me look like a crazy at all!

5 comments:

Mise said...

Oh yes, very Edie! In a good way. Will you be wearing it to the wine-tastings?

rachellovecameron said...

oh but of course. wine-tastings, book-signings and to my dance recitals.

Kerry said...

That slaw looks great...got the recipe? Love your work and the fetching headwear! And the word verification was 'foloing'..kid you not, so yes I will!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Oooo I found your lovely blog via Louise at Table Tonic and I'm glad I did - that upholstered stool a few posts down - A-MAZING! Now following! Will

rachellovecameron said...

thank you lovely followers!!

the recipie for the slaw is just grated raw beetroots (whatever colours as long as some pink!), grated raw turnip and finely slice raw red cabbage, in the ratio of 2 parts cabbage & beet to 1 turnip. i just use a little good ready made mayo, as i think homemade is a bit too rich for slaws. thats it!!